This privacy statement was last revised on september 2023
The words “include(s)”, “including”, “mainly”, “in particular”, “particularly”, or “such” shall be construed without limitation.
Headquarters address of ZSZ Technology: 201 Cayan Tower, Al Barsha Heights, Teacom, P.O.Box: 214930 DUBAI - United Arab Emirates.
Collection of your information
Information you provide us:
When you use our services, you choose to provide us with certain personal information that we may collect, such as your name, contact information, gender, and date of birth. You can also share with us other information such as your personal interests and hobbies.
In addition, you may provide us with your photos and videos after you give us permission to access your camera and photo album.
Furthermore, you may provide us with answers to our proprietary questionnaire (our Emotional DNA test), which we use to generate a report for you, calculate your compatibility percentage with each of the other users, and generate a compatibility report accordingly.
When an activity involves payment (for example, subscribing to a paid service), we may collect information that we request and that you provide us including your name, contact information, and payment information such as your credit or debit card information and information related to your account.
We can also suggest that you participate in surveys or focus groups and collect your answers for us to be able to improve our services and/or develop and provide new ones. You agree that we may use and share the answers, suggestions or feedback that you submit to Lovester without compensating you.
Moreover, we may collect information that you enter, to participate by your choice in our promotions or events.
If you contact us, we may collect the information you give us during the interaction. We may collect a copy of your correspondence with us and sometimes, these interactions may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.
In order to be able to respond to certain of your requests that involve communicating with others or processing their information, we may collect information about others that you provide us.
Information we receive from othersIn addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other Lovester users: Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, others may request that we communicate with you on their behalf.
- Third parties: You may login with third parties’ websites by way of various applications to create and log into your Lovester account. We may collect your personal information from such services (Please see section 3: Linking other accounts to Lovester).
- Partners: We may receive information about you from our partners, such as our partners who publish Lovester’s ads on their sites and platforms.
- Sources that are available to the public.
Information we collect automatically when you use our services
When you access or use our services, we may collect information about how you access and use these services.
This includes information related to the device you use to access and use our services, including hardware and software information such as IP address, device-specific and applications settings and characteristics, device ID and type, and application crashes.
This also concerns your activity on our services, in particular the way you use our services and the way you interact with other users. For example, we collect information about your activity related to the date/time stamp, searches, used features, referring web page address, number of clicks, number of messages sent and received, users connected and interacted with, and exchanges time and date. We may also process the content you publish on our services as well as process your chats with other users.
Please note that such information is not used to identify you; we mainly use it to observe how users interact with our services, obtain demographic information to develop or improve our services, prevent fraud, spam, infringement and other wrongdoings, display content we think they might be interested in, and administer our services.
Information we collect with your consent when you use our servicesThere is other information that we only collect with your consent. For instance, you may give us access to your precise geolocation in your device settings. We can then collect information about your geolocation (latitude and longitude) through different means, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections, depending on the service and device you are using. The geolocation information helps us identify your physical location and this would make it easier for you to connect and interact with users who are near you since your location may be displayed to them and you might see the profiles of the users who are near you.
This also applies on photos and videos where you may give us permission to access your camera or photo album. You then also agree that these photos and videos can be visible to other users and may contain other personal information about you.
If you decline permission for us to collect certain information, we will not collect it. However, in certain cases, this might prevent you from using our services or parts of them.
Cookies and other similar data collection technologies
Linking Other Accounts To LovesterTo create and log into your Lovester account, you may login with third parties’ websites by way of various applications, including social media accounts (such as Facebook ), Google account, and Apple ID. In this case, you give such third parties permission to share with us some of your personal information such as your name and email address.
We only receive information limited to what such third parties permit to be transferred. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of any of the sites that may provide access to, or be linked to our services.
You can withdraw the permission at any time, and we will no longer have access to such information. Please note that the personal information that has already been added to your Lovester account from such websites and platforms will not be deleted. You must delete your Lovester account entirely for us to no longer have access to this information.
Use of collected informationIn Lovester, our main objective is to ensure you have a pleasant experience using our services. That is the reason why we continuously strive to develop and improve our services in particular through collecting your information as a user. Furthermore, collecting users’ information in relation to our services enables us to maintain the security of our services and to present you with content that is tailored to your interests.
For more explanation, we use your collected personal information to:
- Administer and provide our services to you
- Establish and manage your Lovester account
- Provide customer support and respond to the correspondences and queries that you submit to us
- Process transactions
- Prevent, detect, identify, and respond to potential or actual fraudulent, prohibited and/or illegal activities and behaviour and ensure the safety and security of users. This can be done in particular by retaining information about these activities to prevent recurrences and by creating countermeasures against them.
- Comply with legal requirements
- Present to you our services and communicate with you about them, as well as relevant contests, promotions and offers. We may communicate with you through different means including calls, messages, emails, or notifications via our services
- Serve, display, track and communicate to you targeted and relevant content
- Help you connect with other users and facilitate networking opportunities by using profiling and automated decision-making to analyze your profile and activity on our services, and by showing the public fields of your profile to other users
- Improve our services and develop and provide new ones in particular by conducting research and analysis of market and users’ behavior, and presenting focus groups and surveys
- Offer a pleasant and harmonious Lovester experience by linking the different devices you use and browser data
- Carry out certain activities such as accounting, reconciliation, auditing, and collection activities
- Reach other objectives about which we will notify you at the time of collection
To process and use your information as described above, we have lawful basis:
Contractual relationship: We perform the contract that you have with us as a Lovester user: You use our services mainly to find people who are compatible with you and to create new connections. We use your information to administer and manage your Lovester account and profile, show its public fields to other users, and present to you other users’ profiles.
Consent: In certain cases, we may ask for your consent to use your information. Where the legal basis is consent, you can withdraw consent at any time.
Legitimate interests: It is in our legitimate interests to: Prevent illegal activities, and in particular fraudulent ones, maintain the safety and security of our services, and implement further security measures to prevent recurrence; Carry out an analyze of users’ behaviour so that we can further develop and improve the services and facilitate access to our services; Respond to your correspondences and queries to ensure a good service to our users; and Protect our legal rights, our users’ and third parties’ .
Disclosure of information
With other usersCertain of your personal information can be viewed by other users. This includes, but is not limited to, your public profile information, photos and compatibility score with the user viewing your profile.
We recommend you to be careful with the content you share since it is going to be viewed by different people and we cannot have control over it (for example, another user can take a screenshot of your public profile and share it with a person who is not a user of our services). There is certain personal information that you can choose not to disclose publicly by changing the settings on our services.
Please note that the information you post or communicate with other users via the messaging function is at your own risk.
With our service providers and partners
We use the help of service providers to operate and improve our services. Their tasks can be summarized particularly in the following areas:
Security measures, payment processing, form processing, data processing, data hosting and maintenance, website administration and hosting, technical assistance, email and newsletter delivery, marketing, service fulfillment, customer service, auditing, and third party sponsorship.
We also may use and share your information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties and partners who distribute and assist us, notably to develop and improve our services.
Our service providers and partners are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and to data protection obligations.
Corporate transfersIn the event we undergo, in whole or in part, a business transition or a change of ownership or control, such as an acquisition, sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to third parties.
When required by the authorities or applicable laws and/or to enforce legal rightsYour information may be disclosed to legal, governmental, or judicial authorities when instructed or required by those authorities or by the applicable law, or to comply with a legal activity. This might also occur when disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, or would enforce our agreement with our users.
We may also disclose your information when we believe, in our sole discretion, that disclosure is reasonable to prevent or detect illegal or illicit activities or wrongdoings and to protect our legal rights and safety along with our users’, partners’ and other interested third parties’.
With your consent or at your requestYou may express your consent or request to share your information publicly or with certain persons you select, through our services.
We can also ask for your consent to share your information with third parties, we will then present the reason behind it.
SecurityWe implemented appropriate security measures to protect and prevent unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, loss, destruction, or misuse of your personal information. However, like all technology companies, we cannot guarantee that our services are 100% secure and that your personal information will always remain secure.
If we suspect or detect any breach of security, we may suspend your use of our services or delete your account without notice.
Your rightsAccording to different applicable laws, you enjoy certain rights when using our services. This includes:
To present any of your requests, you can contact us on the contact details below. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may request specific information from you for us to be able to confirm your identity before we can answer your requests.
- Right to be informed: It is the right you have to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information.
- Right of access, rectification and delete: You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information and that is associated with your account directly within our services, to correct it if you believe it’s not accurate anymore or that we are not entitled anymore to use it, and to delete it in certain circumstances.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances, you may object to the processing of your information.
- Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing be stopped but the data retained.
- Device permissions: You have control on which capabilities or information our services can access. For example, our services might request permission to see your device location. Since you can control which permissions our services can access, you can choose to turn the access off at any time through the settings of your device. Please note that certain services may not function if you don't permit access to our services.
- Right to delete your account: You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
- Uninstall: If you uninstall our services, we will not collect any more of your information. Please note that the unique identifier associated with your mobile device will be kept stored which will allow us to re-associate the identifier to your previous activities if you reinstall the service.
- Right to data portability: You can request a copy of your information in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
Please note that we may not be able to answer certain of your requests for different reasons such as when it’s about an unlawful request or a request that may infringe our intellectual property or the privacy of other users. If your request will prevent us from providing our services, we will also not be able to answer it.
If you feel we have not resolved your concern, you have the right, according to certain jurisdictions, to make a complaint at any time to the appropriate data protection authority.
Data storage and deletionWe retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected within the limits of the applicable laws.
For security reasons, we begin the process of deleting your personal information after three (3) months from the day you delete your Lovester account. During this period, your account will not be visible by other users on our services, however, your information will be retained.
After two (2) years of inactivity of your account, we delete or anonymize your information, unless we must keep it:
We also may have to keep your information after two (2) years of inactivity if we have a valid reason to retain such information: For instance, our services may use machine learning that needs a longer information retention period to work properly. Our services may also need to keep the information to prevent fraud and other wrongdoings and to reinforce users' safety and security. For example, we may retain information of a user who was banned for unsafe behavior from opening a new account.
- for accounting or record-keeping purposes,
- to comply with applicable law,
- to evidence our compliance with applicable law, or
- in case of an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved.
The deletion of your account does not mean that your information will not still be viewable and/or accessed, in particular if you have shared it with others, or if others copied or stored it. We are not liable for such a situation.
Age restrictionsIn order to use our services, you will have to be at least 18 years or older (or the age of majority in applicable jurisdictions). Anyone under the age of 18 (or is a minor in the applicable jurisdictions) is not permitted on our services and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 (or is a minor in the applicable jurisdictions). If we become aware that anyone under the age of 18 (or is a minor in the applicable jurisdictions) has a Lovester account, we will terminate the account and delete the profile information from Lovester. In this case, we may retain the email and IP address of such a person to ensure that he/she does not violate our age restriction rules by trying to create a new account .
If you believe that we may have collected any such personal information through our services, please contact us.
Changes to this policyIf we make a change to this policy that, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you (for example, via email or by notification) so that you review it before it is effective.
ContactFor all concerns and requests, you may contact us as follows:
- Email: Contact@lovester.net
- Phone: +21628164796
- Our headquarters are located at: 201 Cayan Tower, Al Barsha Heights, Teacom, P.O.Box: 214930 DUBAI - United Arab Emirates.
Copyright © 2023 ZSZ Technology Limited. All Rights Reserved.